Isnin, 9 Februari 2009

teaching and teaching again!!

I always believe that teaching is about making some kind of dent in the world so that the world is different than it was before. This belief has been my goal and I constantly practice teaching towards achieving it. I continually ask myself the most fundamental question of all- What effect am I having on students and their learning?Answering this question has not been an easy task for me, and I really doubt if I could ever find an accurate answer to that question.
Since I am involved in business professions educations and teaching finance in particular, I have developed my conception of teaching and learning in the context of my students learning styles.
For me, my teaching philosophy evolved because of my direct experience and involvement in engaging my students to commit to learning. And being part of their learning process, I somehow witnessed students who successfully overcame the challenges of learning while seeing quite a few having experience difficulties and frustrations. It is in these opposing effects on students’ learning that significantly shaped my basic premises about teaching and beliefs in the process of learning.

So what are these premises and beliefs about teaching and learning???

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan